Load signs incorrectly applied to racking systems could cause warehouse safety incidents and be highly damaging to the business.
As a safety compliance requirement, Safe Work Load Signs communicate maximum racking capacity and the Dos & Don’ts to workers which prevents mishaps or serious injuries from happening.
These signs must be displayed in highly visible locations and explained to warehouse workers as they go about for their daily operational work.
Key content that a Safe Work Load Sign should contain are;
- Permissible working unit load limit for each pallet
- Permissible total working unit load limit for each beam level
- Permissible total working unit load limit for each bay
- The maximum distance from base plate level to the first beam level, and the maximum distance between first and second beam levels
Additional information that should be included are;
- Racking use safety guidelines
- Racking manufacturer’s name, installer’s name and installation date
- Inspection and maintenance dates
Train workers to understand and comply with the stated loads for the safety of the team, warehouse goods and your investment.
It is also important to note that any deviation or modifications to the original design by any unauthorised parties may impair the safety of the racking installation.
Lastly, ensure you schedule regular inspections to ensure your racking system is well maintained and kept in good condition at all times.